Mind Your Money have been working in partnership with Jobcentre Plus since February 2015. Surgeries are offered out of Alex Park, Rusholme, Longsight and Cheetham Hill jobcentres. Customers access the service via the Work Coaches at the Jobcentre who book the customer into the Mind Your Money appointment diary. Each customer receives an hours appointment with a dedicated Project Officer. The appointment is aimed to improve financial confidence and try to resolve any money related problems the customer may have. This may consist of dealing with crisis situations, managing debts, benefits, access to bank account, budgeting and general money advice. Emergency issues are aimed to be dealt with at the appointment and then the customer is sent away with a detailed action plan of further steps they need to take in order to stabilise their situation. Follow-up appointments can be offered if required.
So far we helped 181 customers across the 4 Jobcentres and appointments are now in high demand. Have a look at some of the results below:
- 53% of customers have received a warm referral to other agencies for further on-going support and advice.
- 72% have received a tailor made action plan to further improve their financial situation.
- 70% have received specialist advice around welfare benefits.
- 37% of customers are now receiving more support.
- 76% of customers have received advice and support in accessing bank accounts
Surgeries are offered at the following Jobcentre locations:
Tuesday: Alex Park
Friday: Cheetham Hill
To access the service customers just need to ask their Work Coach for an appointment with Mind Your Money.